Division 7B

21/05/2022, 14:30


Wyke ARLFC ‘A’


Bramley Buffaloes

Match Report

The Buffaloes Second Team travelled over to Bradford to take on the Wyke Second Team, hoping to capitalise on their last gasp win the week before.

The team had a few changes from the previous week but still looked strong on Paper.

After a 15 minute delay due to the previous game overrunning, the game got underway, and the home team opened the scoring in the 9th minute, following a couple of repeat sets of six. The conversion was successful. Giving the home team the lead, 6-0.

The Buffaloes regained possession following a short kick from the Kick-off, with Fullback Jonah Stansfield racing away to score the Buffaloes opening try. Captain Tom Jenkins was on the mark with the conversion. Levelling the scores at six all.

In the 17th minute, the Buffaloes had a try disallowed after a looping kick from Kieran McFarlane was collected by Ryan Jones, who put the ball down in the in-goal area, thinking he’d scored for the referee to pull him back for being in front of the kicker.

In the 34th minute, McFarlane crossed for the Buffaloes second try of the game, following up on a break from Charlie Raistrick. Jenkins added the conversion. Giving the Buffaloes the lead, 6-12.

In first-half injury time, Raistrick claimed the ball following a mistake from the Wyke Play the Ball and crossed the line for a try out wide. Jenkins was unsuccessful with the conversion, extending the lead to 6-16. As the conversion sailed wide, the referee blew for halftime.

Four minutes into the second half, the Buffaloes thought they were in again but were pulled back by the referee for a forward pass.

In the 48th minute, Jacob Oldroyd was on the end of a drop-off ball and crossed the line for his first try of the afternoon. Jenkins was again on target with the conversion. Taking the score to 6-22.

In the 51st minute, the Buffaloes were over again when Stansfield chased a McFarlane Kick and placed the ball in goal for his second try. Jenkins added the conversion, making the score 6-28.

Wyke hit back with a converted try three minutes later, narrowing the lead to 12-28.

In the 58th minute, Liam Barnsley crossed for a try as he was on the end of an excellent move that sent the ball from one side of the pitch. Jenkins kicked the conversion. Making the score 12-34.

In the 61st minute, Oldroyd crossed for his second try of the game after throwing a dummy that left the Wyke defender floundering in his wake. Jenkins added the extras, extending the buffaloes lead to 12-40.

In the 67th minute, Andy Boot was sin-binned for arguing with the referee.

In the 72nd minute, Jack Boot finished a fine game when he saw half a gap from the acting half position and danced around several defenders for an unconverted try, taking the lead to 12-44. As the ball sailed wide, the referee blew for time, several minutes early

Buffaloes: 1) Jonah Stansfield, 2) Ryan Jones, 3) Charlie Raistrick, 4) Liam Barnsley, 5) Ben Blanchard, 6) Lewis Johnson, 7) Kieran McFarlane, 8) Elliot Carter, 9) Jack Boot, 10) Billy Butterworth, 11) Tom Welford, 12) Andy Boot, 13) Tom Jenkins (c), Subs (All Used); 14) Bailey Harman, 15) Jacob Oldroyd, 16) Ben Wilkinson, 17) Jordan Hicken.

Tries: Stansfield (12, 51), McFarlane (34), Raistrick (40), Barnsley (58), Oldroyd (48, 61), Boot (72)
Goals: Jenkins x 6


Name TR CON PEN DG Cards
1 2
3 1
4 1
7 1
9 1
12 Yellow Card
13 8


Name TR CON PEN DG Cards
17 2