Bramley Buffaloes Vs Milford Marlins - 08/06/2013 - Bramley Buffaloes

  • Yorkshire Men’s League – Premier Division
  • 08/06/2013
  • 14:30

Buffaloes Reel in the Marlins

On a beautifully sunny afternoon, the Buffaloes took on the Milford Marlins in a hastily re-arranged game held at Bramley Phoenix’s ground, where Club Coach and Captain, turned groundsmen to ensure the game went ahead.

An intense battle ensued, with Milford opened the scoring in the 4th minute when prop Anthony Hallinan barged over for an unconverted try, making the score 0-4

Seven Minutes later the marlins were awarded a penalty in front of the posts which Thomas Barnes slotted over, to increase the lead to 0 – 6.

The next 20 minutes were end to end with both sides trying to break down the others defence or pushing the final pass to hard, ending the set with an error.

Seven minutes from the half time break the Buffaloes were on the score sheet, Aaron Blake rose to take a Steve Suddards Kick, Daz Forster converting the try to level the scores at 6 – 6.

Three minutes after the break, Ryan Campbell charged through the Marlins defence for his first try of the afternoon, converted by Forster giving the Buffaloes the lead for the first time 12 – 6.

In the 55th minute Campbell stormed over for his second try, again converted by Forster, giving the Buffaloes a 18 – 6 lead.

Nine minutes later the Buffaloes were awarded a penalty under the posts that was coolly slotted between the uprights to give the buffaloes a 20 – 6 lead.

In the 68th minute Buffaloes Loose forward Jonny Bradley was sin binned, swiftly followed by two try hero Ryan Campbell, after the team had been put on a warning.

Milford rallied in the last 10 minutes, spurred on as the Buffaloes were down by two men.  In the 73rd minute, Marlins Stand off, Shannon Bennett slipped through the Buffaloes Defence for a try converted by Barnes, bringing the Marlins back into the game at 20 – 12.

In the remained portion of the game the Buffaloes defended strongly and repelling the Marlins attack, launching counter attacks, coming close to scoring on several occasions.

The final act of the game came at Buffaloes Fullback Terry Brown intercepted a loose pass, and streaked 50 metres only to be brought down deep in the Milford half, making the Buffaloes, victors 20 – 12.

Game Breaker – The 64th Minute Penalty kicked by Bramley’s Daz Forster gave the buffaloes a three score leader which they didn’t look like loosing.

Buffaloes –  1) Terry Brown, 2) Jerome Malcolm, 3) Aaron Blake, 4) Craig Green, 5) Liam Copland, 6) Omar Al-Rawi, 7) Steve Suddards, 8) Gaz Hudson, 9) Ben Pitts, 10) Dave Parker, 11) Ryan Campbell, 12) Alex Brier, 13) Jonny Bradley, Subs: 14) Daz Forster, 15) Rikk Sumner, 16) Phil Marson, 17) Andrew Hepworth

Tries – Blake (33), Campbell (43, 55)
Goals – Forster (4/4)

Marlins – 1) Nathan Currie, 2) Nathan Hargreaves, 3) Craig Harrison, 4) Danny Horner, 5) Thomas Barnes, 6) Shannon Bennett, 7) Marc Gibson, 8) Kieron Webson, 9) Ryan Pinder, 10) Anthony Hallinan, 11) Ben Hood, 12) Matthew Brickley, 13) Joe Ramsden, Subs; 14) Az White, 15) Joe French, 16) Liam Marshall, 17) Eugene Currie

Tries – Hallinan (4), Bennett (73)
Goals – Barnes (2/2)

Men of the Match

Buffaloes – Jonny Bradley
Marlins – Shannon Bennett