Bramley Buffaloes Vs Kippax Knights - 15/08/2012 - Bramley Buffaloes

  • National Conference League Division III
  • 15/08/2012
  • 19:30

Kippax Knights put to the sword

After early evening torrential downpours put the game in doubt for the second time this season, the British summer sprung another surprise and the sun came out for this highly anticipated clash.

Kippax opened the scoring in the second minute when loose forward  Warren Leafe took advantage of some poor defending to score under the posts, Stand Off Andy Walker converted making the score 6-0 to Kippax.

In the 15th minute the Buffaloes were on the scoreboard when Full Back Aaron Henry scooted over for a try with Steve Suddards Converting levelling the scores at 6 all.

7 minutes later Man of the match Robin Wilkes scored his first try of the evening, again converted by Suddards, giving the Buffaloes the lead 12-6

The rest of the first half was played in the middle of the field with both team guilty of dropped ball and a host of penalties and the scored remained 12 – 6 at half time.

In the 47th minute Hafeez Yesufu strode away for his first try of the evening, converted by Suddards, giving the buffaloes a 12 point lead 18-6

Three minutes later Nick Fontaine bustled his way over the line for his first of the evening, Suddards again was on target making the score 24-6.

In the 55th Mintue, Yesufu was in again for an unconverted try giving hte buffaloes an unassailable lead, 28-6.

10 minutes later, after a small interlude, three players were sinbinned two from the buffaloes and one from the Knights, but it was the buffaloes who made hay with two tries whilst down to 11 men, the first was the second from Henry in the 66th minute with Suddards converting, and then in the 74th minutes Fontaine went over for his second of the night Suddards again on target, making the score 40-6.

In the final minute George Clarke was sinbinned. And on the stroke of full time, Kippax had the final word with a try for full back Will Milner.

Making the fulltime score 40-10.

Game Breaker: Winger Hafeez Yesufu’s try just after half time spurred the buffaloes on to their biggest victory of the season

Game Star: Man of the Match Robin Wilks was at the heart of everything the Buffaloes did

Buffaloes: 1) Aaron Henry, 2) Hafeez Yesufu, 3) Tom Langton, 4) Nick Fontaine, 5) Omar Al-Rawi, 6) Steve Suddards, 7) Ben Pitts, 8) Anthony Mills, 9) James Doyle, 10) Dave Parker, 11) Beniot Rogers, 12) George Clarke, 13) Robin Wilks, Subs (All Used); 14) Graham Nash, 15) Jake Doyle, 16) James Woods, 17) Steven Gill

Tries: Henry (15, 66), Wilkes (22), Yesufu (47, 55), Fontaine (50, 74)
Goals: Suddards 6 (from 7)

Knights: 1) Will Milner, 2) Adam Fewster, 3) Tom Firth, 4) Danny Gill, 5) Sam Holmes, 6) Andy Walker, 7) Chris Williams, 8) Dan Maughan, 9) Paul Brown, 10) Ian Handley, 11) Rob Firth, 12) Joe Topping, 13) Warren Leafe, Subs (All Used); 14) Nathan Owen, 15) Alex Daniels, 16) Carl Handley, 17) Tom Field

Tries: Leafe (2),  Milner (80)
Goals: Walker 1 (from 2)

Man of the Match
Buffaloes: Robin Wilks
Knights: Rob Firth

Half Time -12-6
Full Time – 40-10
Referee – John Seymour