Garforth Tigers Vs Bramley Buffaloes - 13/05/2017 - Bramley Buffaloes

  • Yorkshire Men's League - Second Division
  • 13/05/2017
  • 14:30

Buffaloes Trample the Tigers.

Our latest Yorkshire Men’s League adventure took us to nearby Garforth, to take on the Tigers. The game day took an unexpected turn when the referee turned up and said that there would be no game unless the pitch was marked out. Leeds City Council had let Garforth down with the pitch marking in the days leading up to the match. The referee said he couldn’t delay kick off as he had other commitments after the game. The Garforth Jack of all trades, Rob, despatched some of his players to get some spray paint to make sure the game kicked off and as a result, the Tigers pre-match warm-up comprised of marking up the pitch ready for the match.

The game started brightly for the Buffaloes, when in the second minute Loose forward Tom White, broke through the defensive line with ease and was brought down with some excellent cover tackling.

In the eighth minute Centre Nathan Hammond burst through the defenders and left them for dead, sprinting 60 metres for the opening try of the afternoon, which was converted by Full Back Aaron Henry. Giving the Buffaloes the lead 0-6.

Four minutes later, Henry was in for the first of his tries, breaking the defence and racing 80 metres and putting the ball down in between the posts, making his conversion easier, doubling the lead to 0-12.

To combat the threat of Nathan Hammond the Garforth Coach, switched the centres around, making Adam Acker defend against Hammond, in the hope of quashing the threat. Following this switch and some sustained pressure on the Buffaloes line, Jarrad Trout failed to gather a cracking pass with the line open, and the ball bounced harmlessly off his chest.

In the 19th minute, the Tigers opened their account, when Scrum Half Dave Strong crashed over the line after several repeat sets of six in the Buffaloes red zone. The try was converted by Dylan Cooney, halving the lead to 6-12.

In the 26th minute, Henry was in for his second try of the afternoon, converting his try, making the score 6-18.

Three minutes later the Buffaloes were in again, when Kerian Hudson crashed over the line after chasing down a deft Henry kick, out wide by the corner flag. Henry added the extras making the score 6-24.

The Buffaloes spent the remaining eleven minutes of the first half probing and attacking the Tigers line, stopped only by the odd mistake and the referees whistle.

In the 46th minute, the Buffaloes opened the second half scoring when Henry crossed for this third try of the afternoon, finishing off a sweeping move from the right-hand side of the pitch to the left. Henry converted his try, giving the Buffaloes a 6-30 lead.

In the 49th minute, the Buffaloes were on the attack again, and some excellent cover defence by Brad Wood stopped the attack, but Wood remained in the tackle for too long, and the referee sent him away to the sin-bin for a professional foul.

The Buffaloes immediately took advantage of the extra man and midway through the next set of six, Hooker Cameron McLachlan Crashed from dummy half for an unconverted try, making the score 6-34.

In the 62nd minute, Henry put a towering bomb, which seemed to be knocked on by Rob Brown, but the referee thought it went backwards, Tom White picked up the loose ball and cross for another Buffaloes Try. Converted by Henry, making the score 6-40.

Four minutes later Brown, scored a try, by the corner flag, forcing his way past the Tigers defender. The try went unconverted, giving the Buffaloes the lead 6-44

In the 74th minute, Henry put in a cross field kick which was chased by Connor McGill and Dan Baranyi, McGill got to the ball first and passed inside to Baranyi for his first try of the afternoon, this was unconverted, making the score 6-48.

in the 76th minute and on the final play of the game, Baranyi was in again, following a break by Henry who outstripped the defenders and Baranyi scored an unconverted try by the corner flag, making the final score 6-52.

The Buffaloes are at home next Saturday to Wibsey Warriors.

Garforth Tigers: 1) Sam Hughes, 2) Dan Snowden, 3) Adam Acker, 4) Jarrad Trout, 5) Dylan Cooney, 6) Connor Mac, 7) Mattew Robinson, 8) Dan Monaghan, 9) Callum Pepper, 10) Kean Healey, 11) Nick Baldwin, 12) Joe McCee, 13) David Strong, Subs (all used); 14) Dan Bottomley, 15) Brad Wood, 16) Tom Downes, 17) Matt Rudge.

Tries: David Strong
Goals: Dylan Cooney

Bramley Buffaloes: 1) Aaron Henry, 2) Kieran Hudson, 10) Nathan Hammond, 4) Aiden Baranyi, 5) Rob Brown, 13) Connor McGill, 15) Brad Wilson (c), 8) Tom Barraclough, 9) Cameron McLachlan, 3) Charlie McMurray, 11) Tom Langton, 12) Dan Baranyi, 7) Tom White, Subs (all used); 16) Tom Jenkins, 17) Ben Maynard-Worrincy, 20)Anthony Mills, 14) Garry Butterfield.

Tries: Hammond (8), Henry (12, 26, 46), Kieran Hudson (29), McLachlan (50), White (62), Brown (66), Baranyi D. (74, 76).
Goals: Henry (6 from 10).