Hull Wyke Vs Bramley Buffaloes - 01/07/2017 - Bramley Buffaloes

  • Yorkshire Men's League - Second Division
  • 01/07/2017
  • 14:30

Hull Wyke Down the Buffaloes

The sun was out in Hull for this top of the table clash, between the Buffaloes and League Leaders, Hull Wyke, who was on the back of their second Win against Hunslet Parkside of the season, whereas we came into the game cold after two weeks enforced rest.

The Buffaloes had a few enforced changes from the last game due to injury and holidays. But also welcomed back Nathan Hammond and Anthony Mills who both missed the last match.

The game started brightly for the Buffaloes when in the fifth minute, loose forward and Buffaloes Man of the Match, Aiden Baranyi skipped through the defence from the base of a scrum to open the scoring, with Connor McGill adding the conversion, giving the Buffaloes the lead 0-6.

The next twenty minutes were spent with both sides probing for an opening and testing the defensive capabilities of each other. Barnstorming centre Nathan Hammond was carefully marked by the Hull Wyke defence.

In the 24th Minute the Wyke winger, Tom Goddard, took advantage of some weak defence, and opened the Wyke scoring, with Fullback, Alec Hardie, adding the extras. Levelling the score at six all.

Eight minutes later, Wyke was in again when Goddard scored a try with Hardie adding the extra two points. Giving Hull Wyke the lead, 12-6.

right on the Half time whistle, Second rower, Curtis Sidebottom, muscled his way over the try-line for the Buffaloes Second try of the afternoon, McGill adding the conversion, drawing the scores level at 12 all.

Six minutes after the break the Buffaloes regained the lead, when winger, Dan Baranyi, sprinted away from the defenders for an unconverted try. Making the score 12-16.

In the 49th minute, Ben Townend scooped up a loose ball and raced away from the despairing defence for a try with Hardie adding the conversion, giving Hull Wyke the lead 18-16.

From the resulting Kickoff, the Buffaloes attempted a high hanging kick off, which no one went for, the ball bounced away from the Buffaloes defenders, and Townend gathered in the ball and sprinted away unopposed for a try, Hardie again the conversion, making the score 24-16.

In the 70th Minute standoff Lewis White, capitalised on another Buffaloes mistake, picking up the loose ball and scoring a try converted by Hardie, making the score 30-16.

Three minutes later Chris Moore broke the defensive line for the Wkye sides last try of the game, making the score 34-16.

In the 76th Minute and on the last play of the match, Hull Wyke Loose forward was pulled down just short of the line. By some great cover defence. As the tackle was complete, the referee blew for time, with the score 34-16.

Hull Wyke: 1) Alec Hardie, 2) Tom Goddard, 3) Ben Townend, 4) Ian Cross, 5) Kiran Sparkes, 6) Lewis White 7) Rob Lilley, 8) Tom Evans, 9) Owen Jones Barker, 10) Steve Driscoll, 11) Shane Simpson, 12) Ben Crane, 13) Steve Bass, Subs (all used); 14) Gareth Calcutt, 15) Chris Moore, 16) Colin Clayton, 17) Gareth Atkinson.

Tries: Goddard (24, 32), Townend (49, 51), White (70), Moore (73).
Goal: Hardie 5 from 6

Bramley Buffaloes: 1) Kieran Hudson, 18) Dan Baranyi, 3) Richard Fenty, 17) Nathan Hammond, 5) Garry Butterfield, 19) Connor McGill, 15) Brad Wilson (c), 16) Tom Barraclough, 9) Cameron McLachlan, 10) Ben Maynard-Worrincy, 11) Tom Langton, 12) Curtis Sidebottom, 13) Aiden Baranyi, Subs (all used); 20) Anthony Mills, 4) Tom Jenkins, 6) Danny Wareing, 8) Al Harker.

Tries: Baranyi, A (5), Sidebottom (40), Baranyi, D (46)
Goals: McGill (2 from 3)