Stanningley Vs Bramley Buffaloes - 27/07/2013 - Bramley Buffaloes

  • Yorkshire Men’s League – Premier Division
  • 27/07/2013
  • 14:30

Buffaloes Defeat Local Rivals.

After last week’s games, the Buffaloes were back on home soil albeit as the away team, taking on Stanningley.  The Bramley team were looking to avenge the 20 all draw in the opening game of the season and gain their ninth successive win.

The result was never really in doubt, as the Buffaloes were on top from the off, with Second Row, Daz Forster opening the scoring in the 3rd minute, when he showed some superb footwork to waltz over the line for a try, converted by himself, giving the Buffaloes the lead 0-6.

Stanningley hit back in the 13th minute when they were awarded a dubious penalty, which Jordon Wilson coolly slotted between the posts to reduce the gap to 2-6.

Nine minutes later, Buffaloes Man of the Match, Omar Al Rawi, broke the Stanningley defence on the half way line and sprinted away for his first try of the afternoon, extended the lead to 2-10.

In the 27th minute, Buffaloes captain Aaron Blake, made a strong break and scored a try, converted by Forster, making the score 2-16.

Four minutes from the break, Forster scooted from dummy half and sucked in the Stanningley defence with an outrageous dummy pass, diving over for his second try of the afternoon, making the score 2-20.

The second half started poorly with both sides being guilty of not respecting possession, in the 50th minute the Buffaloes bombed a certain try when the ball was sent through several pairs of hands, before the referee gave a knock on when the ball was stolen in the tackle.

Two minutes later, Forster was in for his Hat trick try, with another scoot from dummy half, making the score to 2-24.

In the 63rd minute second rower Ryan Campbell, scooped up a dropped ball and raced 65 metres for the try line, scoring under the posts, with Forster converting the try, increasing the lead to 2-30.

Two minutes later, the Buffaloes were in again, when Rod Menon scored a try from a neat chip kick by man of the match Al Rawi.  Converted by Forster, making the score 2-36.

In the 70th minute, Blake, broke the Stanningley Defence on the halfway line and raced away for his second of the afternoon, again converted by Forster.  Increasing the Buffaloes lead to 2-42.

Stanningley finished the scoring in the 73rd Minute, when Danny Boyle too advantage of the tiring Buffaloes defence to score Stanningley’s only try of the afternoon making the final score 6-42.

Shortly after the last try the referee, rightly called time, as an ambulance arrived to take one of the injured Buffaloes off to hospital for precautionary reasons.

The Buffaloes now have a fortnight’s rest, with next Friday’s game being rearranged for the 30th August.

Stanningley: 1) Tom Sharp, 2) danny Marshall, 3) Danny Doyle, 4) John Shearon, 18) Paul Smith, 6) Aidan Baranyi, 7) Brad Wilson, 8) Glenn Chapman, 9) Cameron McHlachan, 10) Lewis Jones, 11) Glen Metcalfe, 12) Danny Steel, 13) Curtis Sidebottom, Subs; 14) Charlie McMurry, 15) David Brook, 16) Jordan Wilson, 17 Alasdair Riley

Tries – Doyle (73)

Goals – Wilson 1

Buffaloes: 1) Rod Menon, 2) Jerome Malcolm, 3) Aaron Blake, 4) Alex Brier, 5) Craig Green, 6) Omar Al Rawi, 7) Ben Dean, 8) Callan Smith, 9) Phil Marson, 10) Anthony Mills, 11) Ryan Campbell, 12) Daz Forster 13) Jonny Bradley, Subs; 14) Ben Pitts, 15) Ryan Jackson, 16) Andrew Hepworth, 17) Danny O’Connor

Tries – Forster (3, 36, 52), Al Rawi (22), Blake (27, 70), Campbell (63), Menon (65)

Goals – Forster x 5

Men Of the Match

Stanningley – Lewis Jones

Buffaloes – Omar Al Rawi